Stig and Viola Gunnar live in Oravainen, approximately 50 kilometres north from Vaasa. The retired couple bought a cabin at the sea shore in 2004, which they originally intended to renovate. Since the renovation would have been extensive and expensive, they decided to build a new cabin in its site instead - and with time, their thought moved on to a year-round home. The couple are now able to spend their retirement days in their Kuusamo Log Houses’ Nuuna collection home.
There is gravel road that winds through a forest in Oravainen, and alongside the road the Gunnar couple’s stunning log home can be found. The house is part of Kuusamo Log Houses’ Nuuna collection, which the Gunnars familiarised in at a housing fair in Seinäjoki.
– This is the home of my dreams. When I stepped in the Nuuna house at Seinäjoki and saw the light, windows and the stunningly beautiful interior design, I could immediately see myself in the house, Viola describes.
The cabin became a year-round home
Initially the couple had intended to build a new cabin on the plot, but they ended up building a year-round house on the side as their home.
– The house had originally been designed as a cabin, but Kuusamo Log Houses’ Christer “Nuunapappa” Östman was able to implement our alteration needs and everything was arranged in an excellent manner, Stig recalls.
The Gunnars explain how they enjoy being in nature and doing their own activities.
– We enjoy our time here so much that we hardly need to go anywhere. We have all kinds of activities, and our next plan is to begin renovating the yard area and build a small garage, Stig lists.
– I no longer even want to go to Thailand during the winter, we enjoy our time here so much, Viola continues with a smile.
Delivery was completed in an excellent manner
The building project was problem-free. The logs were delivered to the plot in January, and the home was ready to move into in July. Stig and Viola state that small problems are always present in the construction phase, such as minor missing parts. Problems were however solved in an exemplary manner, and the delivery of the entity was extremely successful.
– The process could even be restarted, everything went so well, Viola laughs.